Geologic Time - Project Blog (9/25-9/28)

This is an image of our poster


Summary:

The Mesozoic Era took place 245 to 66 million years ago. This era is divided into three periods, known as Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous. First is the Triassic period, taking place 245-208 million years ago. During this period, the first dinosaurs, crocodiles, and turtles evolved. Some plants during this time include cone-trees and other palm-like trees. The next period is the Jurassic period, taking place around 208-144 million years ago. During this period, dinosaurs became more common and roamed on land. Some of the first birds started appearing, and various mammals became more common. The last period during this era is the Cretaceous period, taking place 144-66 million years ago. During this era, the first flowering plants started appearing. At the end of this era, a mass extinction caused the extinction of many organisms, including the dinosaurs.


Backward-Looking

How much did you know about the subject before we started?

Before we started learning about geologic time, I did not know much about this topic. I knew that it was divided into various sections that made it easier to see the major events happening in earth's history. However, I did not know anything about the Cenozoic, Mesozoic, or Paleozoic eras, and the events, climate, plants, and animals that happened during these periods of time. After reflecting on this project, I have realized that I did not know much about geologic time before the project, and now I know much more.

Inward-Looking

How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?

I feel good about this piece of work because I know that our group worked hard to make this project a success. We also worked on this project in class, and at home so that I could put the most amount of effort into this piece of work. I really enjoyed working on this project because I felt like we had a lot of freedom to make our poster interactive in various different ways. However, I felt that towards the end of the project, I did not have much time to finish, so next time I would manage my time better. Overall, this was a really fun project and allowed us to stay creative and learn a lot about the topic.

Outward-Looking

Did you do your work the way other people did theirs? In what ways did you do it differently? In what ways was your work or process similar?

Overall, I feel like each group had a different final result because we were allowed to be creative with this piece of work to make an interactive poster. Even though some of the flaps were similar, each group had a different layout and ideas, making every poster unique. I feel that the process to complete this piece of work was similar for most of the groups because all of the groups needed to start with their own research and planning out the flaps before starting to create the poster.

Forward-Looking

What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again?

I would not change much if I had a chance to do this piece over again because I feel like we put a lot of time and effort into creating this piece of work. However, if I did have a chance to do this piece over again, I would manage my time better because I felt like I was rushing towards the end of the project. By managing my time better, I may have felt like I had enough time and would not feel like I was rushing. Overall, I feel like we did a good job on this project, however, if I had a chance to do this piece over again, I would manage my time better.

Comments

Popular Posts

Musical Instruments and Sound- Weekly Blog (3/11-3/15)

The Food Chain (10/26-10/30)

African Forest Elephants (2/5-2/9)