Leonardo da Vinci (5/14-5/18)

http://www.leonardodavinci.net/images/leonardo-da-vinci.jpg

Summary:

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci was a famous painter, inventor, sculptor, and architect known for his very famous paintings, “Mona Lisa” and “The Last Supper.” He was born April 15, 1452, in Anchiano, Italy and continued painting until May 2, 1519, when he died. His parents were Caterina da Vinci, Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci. He also had twelve siblings, Bartolomeo, Giovanni, Guglielmo, Pandolfo, Giuliomo, Violante, Magdalena, Domenico, Bernedetto, Lorenzo, Margherita & Antonio di Ser Piero da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci had many hobbies and interests throughout his career. He was an inventor, painter, sculptor, and so much more. He painted portraits outside, which was very uncommon. He also sketched futuristic drawings of cars, planes, and more. He was a mathematitionSome of his famous paintings include the Annunciation, The Adoration of the Magi, Verrocchio's Baptism of Christ, Mona Lisa, The Last Supper, and his Self Portrait.

SP4: Analyzing and Interpreting Data

This week, we obtained, evaluated, and communicated information to learn more about our chosen scientist. We obtained information by reading through a variety of sources and taking notes about the important information. Next, we evaluated the information and sorted it to help us answer questions in each category. Once we finished answering the questions, we communicated with people in our table to learn more about different scientists. We used the evaluated information to start creating our wanted poster and flipgrid video. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information has helped me organize, analyze, and learn much more about my chosen scientist.

XCC: Cause and Effect

This week, I observed a cause and effect relationship between Leonardo Da Vinci and many other famous scientists, and what people think about when they hear their name. For example, when you hear Leonardo Da Vinci, many people would think of the Mona Lisa or some other of his famous paintings. However, there is so much more to Leonardo Da Vinci that many people do not know. For example, people did not know that he was a botanist, or that he, a painter, was a mathematician. I experienced this cause and effect relationship myself when I was deciding what scientist I should do. When I read "Leonardo da Vinci," I thought of the very few things that I knew about him. However, as I did more research, I realized that there was so much more that I did not know.

Multiplier

This week, I was a learner. I was determined to learn more about the topic so that I could understand more about Leonardo Da Vinci and his contributions to our society. As I was creating my wanted poster, I researched more information so that I could learn more about the topic. My table group also shared ideas so that we could all learn and understand more about our chosen scientist Being a learner has helped me understand the topic to a new level and allowed me to learn more about various different scientists that have impacted our world today.

Comments

Popular Posts

Musical Instruments and Sound- Weekly Blog (3/11-3/15)

The Food Chain (10/26-10/30)

African Forest Elephants (2/5-2/9)